April 3, 2010

Here goes nothing

I have been doing things since last time I posted, but never got around to actually posting anything. I will definitely have to pull things out and see what I have done. I also want to be able to use this as a memory of things my crazy family has done and thought about what is going on in life. So here goes nothing!

Tomorrow is Easter. I think this has to be one of the most important Easters for me. I am in total awe that God sent his only Son to die for all of our sins. Having my little boy turn two yesterday makes it sink home even more. I couldn't imagine letting him die for people who don't even believe or love him. My husband was getting ready to leave for work the other morning when our oldest, who is 5, said that I can't wait for Easter because it is all about the eggs and candy. He just stopped in mid-step and had to tell her about how Easter was all about Jesus and how he came to take away our sins so we could go to heaven. It was the first time either of us realized that we don't think our kids know yet about Jesus. Granted their all under 5, but still we have got a lot of work to do. They heard today at our church Easter egg hunt about Jesus dying on the cross for our sins and then leaving the tomb and rising again. I was so happy to know that we are in a church that takes care of every member of their church, even the littlest ones.

So Happy Easter to everyone tomorrow! I hope you are all as blessed as my family is.

No comments:

Post a Comment