April 13, 2010

Being a Seed

I have grown up hearing the message abut the Parable of the farmer scattering the seeds. Until today, the story didn't apply to me, or so I thought. It states that "the seed on the rocky soil represents those who hear the message and immediately receive it with joy. But since they don't have deep roots, they don't last long. They fall away as soon as they have problems or are persecuted for believing God's word." Umm hello my life 5 years ago. THen "the seed that feel among the thorns represents those who hear God's word, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this likfe and lure of wealth, so no fruit is produced."  I think that pretty much speaks for itself. My prayer from here on though is, "the seed that fell on good soil represents those who truly hear and understand God's word and produce a harvest of thiry, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted." Matthew 13:1-23

No comments:

Post a Comment