February 23, 2011

Organizing Daily Art Supplies

I finally reached my breaking point with the clutter on my kitchen table. I should have taken a picture of it before I started this picture but imagine a 6x3 table half full of paper, notebooks, markers, crayons, pencils, and scissors. Yeah not very easy for a family of 5 to eat dinner around that small space. I needed a solution. I had searched on some blogs and found so caddies that people had bought at Target. Well the closest Target is an hour away and I wasn't going to make a trip only for that. I searched at Walmart and JoAnn Fabrics but neither had anything I could use. Time to get crafty!

All the Valentine's Day items are 50% off. I got 2 packs of red heart cups that come 5 in a pack as well as 2 larger pink cups. I also bought a set of burner covers. There were 4 total, 2 small and 2 large. I used the large. Still not sure what I am going to do with those yet. I forgot to take pictures during the process but trust me you can do this.

First get out your burner cover and set out how you would like the cups. I did 5 cups around the edge and 1 large one in the center. Once arranged, bust out your hot glue gun and glue the cups to the cover. That's it! Simple and great. The kids love it because there can be a set of supplies on each set of the table. Mommy likes it because there is less stuff on the table and less arguing over markers. I think my total spent was about $8 and this created 2 caddies.


No comments:

Post a Comment